Why does my new beardie refuse to eat anything?

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Psot2, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Psot2

Psot2 Embryo

I got him a few days ago from the pet shop. On the first day he only ate about 3 locusts and a wax worm. On the second day he ate about 7 crickets - that was the most active I've ever seen him when eating. Today he only ate 3 wax worms and he refused to touch any crickets or locusts. As for vegetables... you can completely forget about that.

I looked up online all the possible reasons why he wouldn't eat. I keep him well hydrated by spraying him with water (his poops are very wet, so I'm sure hydration is not the problem). His vivarium has a perfect heat gradient (the temperature is 42 degrees C on the hot end and 22 on the cold end). He has plenty of UV light and I have tried every possible method of feeding (with supplement, without supplement, with water, with both water AND supplements, on my lap, on the kitchen floor, in his basking spot... nothing works!!)

I'm really worried for him and I am scared that he would die from starvation if he doesn't eat enough. Any ideas on how I could get him to eat more??

Thanks in advance.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. WildTiger

WildTiger New Member

I do know waxworms are very high in sugar and shouldnt be fed often... Always offer him fresh greens daily. and put at least 6 crickets in there..