Will Tv mess it up?

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by I_Am_Mike, Aug 16, 2004.

1. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

umm their funny in a bazar way, kinda like kung pow, hav ya ever seen that? thats the funniest darn movie ive ever seen in my life but sooo stupid!! this lady catches a baby as it rolls down this rocky mountain and then she says "o so cute, by bye!" and then she throws it back down the mountain

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mythdragonlover

mythdragonlover Well-Known Member

LOL poor baby...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. I_Am_Mike

I_Am_Mike New Member

no im not mad at you myth i just dont like people who go on and on about canadian stereotypes and stuff like that especialy when they know it makes me mad, but you only asked one question and you dont know me to know what makes me mad, so its all good

and ya holy grail is a funny movie " Its a mear flesh wound!" (when the black knight gets his arm cut off)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

How exciting to get yr leo! I got my first one almost 3 wks ago, so I'm a newbie too. I got mine at Petco and he's in great shape. If you're still planning to get yours at Petco/Petsmart, go visit several. I had access to 5 different Petco/Petsmart in reasonable distance from me and visited all of them. I found that some stores kept them better than others. Talk to the clerks too. One of the shops had a knowledgeable guy who kept half a doz reptiles at home himself so he was really helpful in picking out a good one for us.

I've been told not to get them too young. Mine is about 5 months old (was about 5 inches long with defined stripes and lots of spots, nice fat tail.) one of the oldest among the juvie selection. He was mellow from the get-go and started licking my hand as soon as we got him home. Now he eats from my hand all the time.
    It looks like you're thoroughly prepared, so you probably know what to look for.
    Enjoy!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Spot

Oh, another thing, if you decide to buy on-line, you probably want to do it soon - wldn't the weather in Ontario be an issue when shipping them??

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. I_Am_Mike

I_Am_Mike New Member

ive also been looking in all the petstores i know of, and unfortunatly there is only 1 petsmart near me and i dont know if there is any petcos, i would like ot be able to find a good one in a store and so fa rpetsmart seems to be the best choice also i am new to buying things online and i would be worried about shipping a living thing especially one so little and delicate as a lizard

i dont think that weather would affect the shipping to much because it is still prety nice and warm and will start cooling down in september or october

12. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

"tis but a scratch" wen he cuts the night arm off, then the legs "tis but a flesh wound", i can still bite u, then gos the head "lets call it a draw shall we?"
    Then the nights of ne... "We r the night of NEE, u must get us a shubbery, one not to big though, NEE NEE NEEE!!!!" THen theres the rabbit, "its a killer! its possesed! ""i no wat to do *(holy music plays and then)* he pops out the holy hand grenade... it says we must count to 3 not 4 and not 2 but 3. ok here we goo 1,2, 5! i mean three!" then he throws it and it kills the rabbit and then they go in the cave with a cartoon monster and stuff like that. sry if wat i said aint ixact but i just saw it last week.

13. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

in speeking of wat makes u mad mike, i hate wen people saw to me "o u live in ohio, u mustve grown up on a corn field." or "u dont look much like a hillbilly farmer." makes me sooo made. that waz in california so i waz thinkin in my head, at least i didnt grow up losin my money gambling and livin next to homeless people. but then i re thought and that waz kinda harsh

14. ssdefinity

ssdefinity New Member

Mike, I have actually seen a couple of albino's at petco. The petco by me seems to take ok care of their herps, except that they have the baby leo's on calci-sand. just my 2 cents

15. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

ive also seen albino one time at petsmart, but thats it, they also keep it on calci sand. i guess people just dont get it

16. I_Am_Mike

I_Am_Mike New Member

ya the leos at petsmart seem to be prety healthy and well cared for , and its quite obvious they take good care of their beardies (they look so healthy and they are very active, they are always runing around and climbing and stuff) so if they take as good care of their leos as their beardies i dont think i would have a problem

17. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

ummm i dk if u no this but calci sand is a bad thing. and leos and beardys (especially yung ones!) shuldnt ever even be kept on sand.

18. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

sry to say but wat me and me and ssdefinity r tryin to say is that petsmart and petco arent caretakers for pets, sry to say

19. mythdragonlover

i have albinos for 90 bucks at my local petsmart. i was gunna buy one but then i found out about internet buyings... hehehe...

and speaking about what makes us mad about what otehrs think about where we live. it makes me mad when you tell someone your from NY and they think NYC. its like did i say city? no. NY isnt just a city! but thats just me...

20. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

it wuld make me mad 2 myth, and ive seen people do that before thats a biggy. o i also have somethin to say bout my mom, she thought maine waz a different contry and new mexico is part of mexico. and ummm yeaaaa like i said up ther about the leos and beardys

21. mythdragonlover

lol. tahts really funny. a different country? i'm sory but thats just really funny..

22. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

of coarse it is, my mom seems high all the time but she hasnt even ever had an alchol drink in her life! and shes free of drugs. i thinks its how she waz brought up u no those rich girly girls who dont know squat about life. but shes kool

23. mythdragonlover

lol

24. Spot

lol! Jeffreh, is your mom originally from Southern California???? 'just kidding - I can say that because I live in So Cal and hear all those dumb California girls stuff, you know, the "Blond Ambition" movie stuff ( although I thought that was funny). Now, I've got to explain to my East Coast friends (I used to live in Chicago and NY) about where I live thanks to that TV show OC.

25. herpslave

herpslave Member

About the shiping. go to the weather channel in your local area news. They ask what degrees it is. if its too hot they add cold packs. if too cold they add warm packs. all of this is just about a dollar extra.