wonder salad!!!

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by beardyboy, Jun 26, 2006.

1. beardyboy

beardyboy New Member

Since using this salad my iguana has gained an amazing amount of weight. From what the green iguana said you don’t need to supplement it. Even though I still do.
    Here it is……..

Collard greens
    Dandelion greens
    Mustard greens
    Kale(sparingly)
    Green beans
    Peas(pods too)

Use 2 of these fruits 2-3 times a week.

Blue berries
    Raspberries
    Strawberries
    Grapes
    Apple
    Banana
    Water melon
    Cantaloupe
    Honeydew melon

I also top off the salad off with Exo-terras iguana pellet

Please comment

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great diet :) but there is one other thing I can think of adding... try adding some squash's any kind all are good :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

My iggy is all good on Green cabbage and squash together, bell peppers and her fav treat bananas occasionally. she demolishes the whole lot.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

Just be careful you don't want to over-supplement your animal because that can be just as bad as under supplementing it. That sounds like a good diet. At the Bronx Zoo we feed all the herbivorious reptiles a salad made up of Dandelion Greens, Collard Green, Mustard Greens, Apples, Carrots, Zuchinni, and Kale. We don't use any supplements with that mix either.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. smokiez

smokiez New Member

I do the same thing but with out the Kale (read that it can lead to thyroid problems.. not sure if that's true or not but I wont take the chance). I do not use supplements. Feeding them mainly Collard, Dandelion, and Mustards + some of that other stuff in the above list seems to be working out well. All my iggs have packed on a healthy-bit of weight.. thick tail, strong/thick back legs.. etc. They look good.