Wonder the odds?

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by ssscales, Aug 28, 2009.

1. ssscales

ssscales Member

Our Albino just laid 6 eggs, just wondering what % of Albinos will be pipping in 55 days? Hoping for a 50/50 split at least! I'm hoping the ogg Gods will at least bless us with 2-3 Albinos, but I don't think we're going to be that lucky... :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Crazy4Herps

Crazy4Herps Hooked on Reptiles

Congrats!! May the egg gods bless you with ALL binos! :D Good luck!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ginnafer

ginnafer Member

I have no idea, but just had to say thats a beautiful snake you have there :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ssscales

ssscales Member

Thanks guys, no guess work here, they will all be Albinos... :D

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

hello ssscales
    just had to add, the Gods have been with you this year it seems. congrats
    just looking at the pic. of her laying on her eggs. she looks snooty and proud of that clutch of eggs.
    she looked quite pleased with herself. lol.
    shy

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

hello ssscales
    second thought
    can you tell me at what stage of the egg development do you put a little slice in them?
    thank you
    shy

12. bruno

bruno Moderator

Hello shy,
    You do not cut the eggs at all, the babies will have an "egg tooth" and get out completely on their own.
    What you are seeing in the pic, are pen marks so when they are transfered to the incubator they are kept EXACTLY as they are laid. If they were turned during tranfer the embryo's would drown.

13. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

bruno
    thank you for your thoughts.I thought maybe at the end and you know they were breaking through that people help them out. or curiosity killed the kitty type thing.
    as I put in the note it was just a thought
    thank you for your time
    shy

14. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

some people cut open the eggs just to see what morphs they have and/or if they have any twins. im not a fan of people doing this and dont recomend it but plenty of breeders do it without too many issues. i personally think that they should just wait instead of putting an eggs health at risk

15. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

hello shanna
    thanks for your post I thought they didi every now and again. but who knows. lol. if it was me I would want to peak. hate suprises lol. but no nature take its corse. but then if you get the weaklens out I think that is good too
    thanks for your time
    shy

16. ssscales

ssscales Member

Thanks all, I've cut eggs as early as 52 days into incubation (88-89F) and have never had any issues at all, some have cut as early as 50 days, but it's best to wait till at least 55 days on average, if you decide to cut at all. Some don't cut at all and just wait for the babies to pip on their own, which usually takes place between 55-60 days. It's all personal preference, some cut, some don't. I usually cut between days 52-55, by day 56-58 heads start poking out, and by day 60 they are out of the eggs.

The lower your temps, the longer you would want to wait to cut, if you choose to cut at all.
    When in doubt, always allow for more time.