Worman.com

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by Bugsy, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy Embryo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ordered 1,000 crickets two weeks ago from Worman and they arrived on the day they were suposed to but I had several hundred dead so I wrote an email informing them of this and was really pleased by their response that they would send 1,000 more early the next week.

I expected them thursday at the latest so I didnt bother ordering more because they would come right?

Thursay came and went and so did friday and I started to panic as I have a baby to feed plus Sookie so I attempted to call them, closed. I really dont like buying pet store crickets but I did thinking they HAD to arrive monday..nothing, I waited until Tuesday and called and left a message but no one bothered to call me back.

By this time I had spent over FIFTY dollars in pet store crickets, ALL my BREEDER ROACHES ( over 100 ).

I called them again only to get someone this time so I informed them my crickets never arrived and there was no tracking # with the email they sent me, well CS asked me why my zip code was a number short and I said I had no idea that they had it as I'd already got one order delivered. CS said thats why they never arrived they screwed up my adress, I was pretty angry by this time telling them how much money they had cost me and my colony of breeder roaches! CS said that they would send me 100 roaches but..now this is the GOOD part, they would only send me FIVE hundred crickets! NOT the thousand they promised me in their email with the order they NEVER sent!

So now I'm out about 80$ for the crickets I had to buy at the pet store waiting for the order to arrive and another 28$ to get cricks shipped overnight so I would have some food for my babies .

The cricks and roaches they promised? HAVENT arrived yet! They are either late or just not coming....again.

I am SO FRIKKEN ANGRY! I counted on the services I paid for and was promised!
    I will NEVER use WORMAN AGAIN EVER !

Then I find out the crickets at the petstore are supplied by Flukers and can kill my beardie due to the cricks they supply eating mold and having dangerous bactiera

BEWARE of buying anything from WORMAN.

I had cricks sent by Armstrong and all of them were not only alive, on time, but were some of the healthiest cricks I've seen.

..........................................................................................................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well yet AGAIN, my order they promised me DIDNT come and I cant even call them. They are closed fridays!

I think I got ripped off my money and my entire colony of breeder roaches!

Thank the gods I ordered from Armstrong or id be out a couple hundred dollars by now, nice way for Worman to stay in buisness!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 17year

17year Embryo

yah wormman sucks

I had pretty much the same thing happen with my Lobster Roach order. They told me that they were on backorder, then I got an e-mail saying DHL had screwed up a bunch of orders so I asked them which excuse was the truth. Likley story, blame the shipping company. I will never order from them again, worst online transaction I have ever had, period.

DO NOT USE WORMAN.com

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

Thats why i buy crickets from petsmart. their crickets looked healthy and werent that much at all but you guys ordered like a thousand at a time and i bought like 20 more. still thats why i dont order online you never know whats gonna come.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

i've been ordering from reptilefood.com. i've heard on and off things from wormman.com. never ordering there! thanks for the tips, i'm sorry. they should reinburst you completely. i don't trust any petstore those reasons. their mold/parasite/bacteria can do long-term damage [rarely seen short term]
    didn't someone lose an entire leo colony to pet store crix?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KAOSRacing

KAOSRacing Member

My local pet stores get $1.00 per dozen crix...that's $0.083 each or $83.00 per 1000. I can order 1000 or 1500 crix from Armstrongcrickets.com for $0.019 each (and it gets cheaper per cricket when you order 3000 or more). I would have to loose well over half the order before it made financial sense to buy crix locally, and if I did loose that much of an order Armstrongcrickets would make it right on the next order.

This doesn't take into account the fact that Armstrong crix have been proven to be healthier (no fungal nor bacterial infection) while you have no idea what the overall condition of pet store crix is.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. JLHerp

JLHerp New Member

I am afraid that is what you will get a lot of times from mail-order businesses. Unfortunately, it sounds like you are at their mercy because your demand for feeders is so high and you do not have a local supply to fall back on (at least not cheaply).

You may want to consider breeding your own crickets, at least enough that you have a week or two supply as a contingency plan for if/when your deliveries are delayed or missing in action.

Sorry to hear that you had to wipe out your roach colony. That's as expensive or moreso than the crickets you had to buy from your local pet store!