Would is be possible to put a tokay and...

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by masterofrockandroll, Jan 22, 2007.

1. masterofrockandroll

masterofrockandroll Embryo

Would it be possible to but a tokay and a full grown pacman frog together my tokay is 8 inchs. in a tall 20 gal tank? Also there are white pellets on the ground in my tank what are these some one said they were pee but im not sure any advice would be grateful appericated. :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

I'm of the opinion that you should never ever mix species. Tokays are known for being pretty agressive too, so I would keep them separate. One last thing, I don't have a Tokay of my own, but I've been told that 20 gallon would barely be enough for the Tokay, let alone having two things in there. I just wouldn't mix them together.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. spix14

spix14 Member

I agree with Fiche, though keeping a tokay and a pacman together seems like an especially bad idea. To keep the tank at the right moisture level for the pac man you would have to keep it way too wet for the tokay which would probably end up giving him a respiratory infection. Also, pac mans are pretty aggressive and I wouldn't put it past a full grown one to try and chow down on your tokay.

A 20 sounds a bit small to me as well. And the white pellets are the urates from his poo, most likely.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

The 20 gallon is even too small for a tokay. Why would you want to mix those two species in the frist place?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. tokay_tamer

tokay_tamer New Member

yea...........i think a tokay would kill ur frog.even tho pacmans are tough.I think the tokay would have a little bit of a advantage.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. masterofrockandroll

masterofrockandroll Embryo

yea my tokay is one bad @$$ lizard. my worries were about the frog more then the tokay.

12. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

the white part of the poop is a urinate.