Would this be Ok?

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by colinu, Sep 30, 2006.

1. colinu

colinu New Member

I currently have 2 brown anoles in a 10 gallon, youw it be okay to get one of those aquarium toppers and add two green anoles?

Since brown anoles are more ground dwelling and green are more aboreal I figured they wouldn't have too many problems, am I wrong?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jagjm

jagjm New Member

I would agree. You really need a tall tank for anoles!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. pauliox1

pauliox1 New Member

I know this is an old thread but incase someone comes across it sometime, anoles need 10 gallons minimum each. Thats it no negotiating. 10 gallons each or not so many anoles.

Paul

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. twinkletoze

twinkletoze Embryo

Ok I have a question. I have 2 anoles in a 30 gallon tank, but I also have 3 House Geckos and 3 Long Tail Lizards. The cage seems to be more then enough room because the Geckos r always hidden in one spot, the Long Tails are all over and the Anoles stay in the trees/plants.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

Your tank is much to small.
    All of your lizards need 10 gallons each. That would equate to around a 30 gallon for your house geckos, 30gallons for your long tailed grass lizards, and 20 gallons for your anoles Minnimum

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. my_baby_anoles

my_baby_anoles Member

yeah, 10gal tank is most certainly not enough room for 4 anoles, even if 2 are brown and 2 are green. I felt bad having to house my 3 green anoles in an upright 15gal tank for 2 days so i could modify their custom 40gal...you really need to think about the health and happiness of the creature over what amusement you have of watching them...most people think lizards (as long as they have walking space) are fine, and usually go by what the petstores tell them. I could have a 200gal tank with two different lizards, (now very occasionally two geckos of different breeds MAY be able to kept in the same tank, if enough room and hides are provided) and if they do not like each other, they will both stress out and one will most likely kill the other. you really have to research them first...i spent 13 hours researching cresties before i got mine!