Yayyy I did it!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by brittone05, Dec 12, 2005.

1. brittone05

brittone05 Well-Known Member

I finally got George to feed by hand!! It sounds kind of trivial compared to a lot of the posts on here but with the feeding issues we've had woth him since he arrived it is a big acheivment for me.

George goes angry as soon as you open the screen cage door so I never imagined he would be calm enough with me to let me hand feed him. He loves wax worms and actually ate about 6 of them from my hand yesterday so I am extremely pleased. His previous owners did not hand feed him, they handled him on occasion but he still got very stressed out if you approached him - swaying from side to side and hissing and stuff.

I am going to try to take pics of him hand feeding later today so I will post them if I get a good one.

Yayyyyyyy - I am very pleased now lol ;)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. angie_s

angie_s New Member

howwwww sweeeeeettt:)
    congratulations !

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. inssane

inssane Embryo

Good feeling isn't it!
    Now with my new male I have to start over...grrr.
    Nick

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. TonyV

TonyV Embryo

Congrats, give it some time and he will come around and recognize your hand as a source for food. Chams love wax and silkworm and will almost always swipe them from my hand. Keep in mind that if your cham feels threatened, make sure that he has plenty of foilage to blend in. It's kinda like a security blanket.