yellow belly/cooter turtle needs a home

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by feliciaguzman55, May 18, 2009.

1. feliciaguzman55

feliciaguzman55 Embryo

I have a turtle that was hatched sometime in June 2008 who needs a new home. Basically, she's a great turtle and enjoys spending time with me outside of her cage, but I just can't take care of her anymore. I don't have the time to properly care for her, I'm in college now, trying to pile on 2 jobs into my busy schedule, and planning my wedding. I would keep her, but I feel like I am neglecting her. She's super sweet, but a little picky about food. She only likes Reptomin and live crickets, mealworms (with their heads cut off, of course!), and feeder fish. I have tried other turtle food diets with her, but she refuses to eat it. She just spits it out and lets it fall apart in her cage, she just won't eat it. Not sure where she picked that up from. I got her when she was just a hatchling, and have had her ever since. She's good with other turtles if you have other turtles if you want to incorporate her into an existing aquarium. I will give you her Whisper filter with new filter cartridges, a turtle dock, turtle light with bulb, a rock she likes to play with (she's very interesting), a fake stump thing that she likes to sit on sometimes, and a 20 gallon tall aquarium. I'm not asking for any money or anything, but if you want to give me an adoption fee that would be great. It's honestly completely up to you. I just want her to be happy and loved, and I just don't feel like I can give her what she needs, which breaks my heart. If you live in the Oviedo/Winter Springs/Casselberry/Winter Park/Waterford Lakes area of Central Florida, I can bring her to you. If you live further from that, I ask that you please come and pick her up. She is about 4 inches in diameter. I believe that she is either a Yellow Belly Slider or a Cooter. I was told that she could be either, but I'm really not sure. She has NO red ears, and her belly is a very pretty yellow color. Her shell used to be a vibrant green, with different shades of green and light brown. Due to my busy schedule, I haven't been caring for her well, so her shell has darkened a little bit but I spoke with a reptilian Veterinarian and he said with proper feeding and lighting schedules, her shell will go back to the color it was before. She has no health problems other than her shell's color is a little dull, but that is treated with proper feeding and lighting. She has never "sneezed", no shedding of scales, no foot problems, no beak problems, no respiratory problems, no eye problems. She is a wonderful turtle, and extremely healthy. She just needs her forever home, and maybe even a boyfriend!

Please call or text me at 407-285-0032. Texting would be a better way of contacting me, it's hard for me to answer phone calls sometimes. Also, I can text you recent pictures of her so you can see what she looks like. The only pictures I have are the ones of the day I got her. They are also of the color her shell should be, and the magnificent pattern she has. It's almost completely semetrical on either side of her spine.