Yemen Chameleons.

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by spurs, Jul 26, 2005.

1. spurs

spurs New Member

Who has a Yemen Chameleon? Could you possibly show pictures of your Yemen Chameleons and there enclosure? And maybe even share a bit of information about them.

I am possibly going to get a Yemen Chameleon sometime maybe at Christmas or before that.

I am getting one because yesterday I lost Speedy, my Leaf Dwarf Chameleon. :( And I think I have found how she/he died, if Speedy was a female then it looks like egg bound, if it was a male then I'm not sure.

But there is a clue, between Speedy's back legs there is a either white tube or a normal coloured tube with a white bit on the top. So I'm not sure if Speedy was trying to produce eggs. But I will get some results of Tin hopefully this weekend saying whether Speedy is a boy or girl.

Since the shop that I got Speedy from hasn't got them anymore, I will hopefully be getting a Yemen Chameleon for Christmas or hopefully sooner (Got to pay money for PSP).

So please share everything and anything on your Yemen Chameleons.

Thankyou.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. tinster

tinster New Member

Hey, Spurs-

Sorry for your loss. It's always iffy with leaf chams since they are most likely wild caught so there's no telling what ailment they already have when you get them. I'm willing to bet that she is female (it's almost impossible to sex leaf chams) and that she did retain her eggs.

From all I know about your setup - I'm sure you had everything right. Speedy seemed perfectly fine until this - so I'm sure it was egg retention that killed her.

I will find time this weekend to do some research into Yemen Chameleons for you. Don't run out and get one until we dig a little more into what you'll be needing.

Hang in there. Tin :(

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Chris_Anderson

Chris_Anderson New Member

A Yemen Chameleon is the same as a veiled chameleon. You should be able to find lots of pics on the forum is you look for veiled chams.

Chris

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

Veiled are pretty easy to keep.