Yemen morphs?

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Reptilezoo, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Reptilezoo

Reptilezoo Embryo

Hello. I've made a post about this before, but it got locked so I'm starting another one because I have some more news. I managed to breed the morphs and the first baby hatched yesterday and it also had black patches on it. The parents which first produced the 'morphs' were not related. Also the incubation temperatures etc were just fine. So there is no explanation for these happeneings so far and was just wondering what you guys thought about them?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and here is where they live (7ft tall x 3ft deep x 4 ft wide)

[​IMG]

Hope you like them
    Luke

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Heika

Heika Moderator

Hiya Luke,

I think they are unique and interesting, and that when you are ready to sell them, you should be able to name your price for them. How are you going to manage the morph? Are you planning to line breed, or are you going to breed the morphs to unrelated normals? I am sure you have seen the transluscents.. and the price they go for? Since you are the only person that has these, you are in complete control of the morph right now. Your management of them will determine their acceptance in the reptile community. If you do it right, you have a potential gold mine on your hands...

Heika

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Reptilezoo

Reptilezoo Embryo

Hi Heika, I'm not to sure how I am going to manage my morphs as I'm new to this. I was thinking about breeding one of the morphs with an unrelated normal yemen. Could you give me any helpful tips on how I should manage them?
    Many thanks
    Luke

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Raja

Raja Embryo

Wow they are really unique, amazing actually. How did you manage to get them?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Reptilezoo

Reptilezoo Embryo

It was all an accident. It was the third hatchings where I got one chameleon with patches on it, then the number grew through each lay.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Raja

Raja Embryo

That is so interesting to see. I m truley amazed

12. willythegame16

willythegame16 Member

you should get reading and researching the genetics, i wouldnt let any of them go yet as then someone else might be able to produce them on mass, before you.

13. Heika

Heika Moderator

Re: RE: Yemen morphs?

I wish I could help you with it. Unfortunately, I have no experience in managing a morph. There is a person who is dealing with a lot of the US transluscents, and seems to be doing a very nice job with them. I am going to PM you the name... he is a good guy and will be able to at least tell you what he is doing.

Heika

14. Reptilezoo

Reptilezoo Embryo

RE: Re: RE: Yemen morphs?

Thanks alot Heika. I will send him a message and see if he can help. Thanks again.
    Luke

15. Will_Hayward

Will_Hayward Embryo

RE: Re: RE: Yemen morphs?

Luke, I propose you name this "Morph" as Hypermelanistic.

Melain, is the black found in cell pigments. Hyper is to 'more than usual', and Hypo, is to 'less than usual'.

You're next step would be to quickly acquire and produce some translucents, and some "Hypermelanistic Translucents".

16. Reptilezoo

Reptilezoo Embryo

The little guys have grown well. I've bought some piebalds and plan to breed with them to see what happens. I'm really excited :D