Youtube

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by ssscales, Jun 6, 2009.

1. ssscales

ssscales Member

Finally got off my rear yesterday and set up a Youtube acct, shot some crappy videos for the heck of it after seeing and chatting with a buddy of mine on the subject of snakes and videos. He started doing them this week and loves it, we're kind of late as many keepers have been shooting vids of their snakes for a while, even though by far most have not it seems. I think it's kind of cool, as close as you can get to actually seeing and holding the snakes live.

http://www.youtube.com/ssscalescom

Shot these yesterday using my digital camera, real crappy quality, but I liked the idea and just ordered an actual camcorder. I was going to get an HD camcorder, but after chatting with others, it's just overkill and it will be 4-5yrs before HD becomes somewhat standard for online vids. Should be fun to shoot some boas giving birth, babies hatching, breedings, piles-o-babies, etc, etc. If any of you are familiar with shooting videos and youtube, please offer some advice, suggestions, etc. I just want to shoot some nice vids of my snakes and DIY information, no big production or graphics, just want to shoot nice quality and be able to upload it easy. I bought a Canon FS200 w/16GB memory for $375.

Any of you guys/gals have a Youtube acct?
    I'd love to see some of your vids.. :p

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Croon

Croon Embryo

You're snake is a beauty. I don't have a youtube account. I have 3 King Snakes and 1 Corn snake. :p

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bruno

bruno Moderator

I have an HD vid cam, only a cheapish one, but you need a HD tv or something to view.
    Found the quality of HD shown on normal screen as in Youtube is a waste of time so I just use the normal setting on cam and get a lot more vid on card.
    Getting a smooth action is the greatest problem, moving round tanks etc. when hand held.
    Personally I prefer using a tripod with a pan & tilt head.
    Try and get a slow zoom if you can, fast ones distract you and you dont always stop at correct distance. (been there done that ...lol). Better to have camera fixed and move object if possible, ie, turn tub by hand to get different view.
    I dont have a YouTube but have some up on my photobucket.

Not the greatest in the world but still.
    Vid 1

Vid 2

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. veggieberger

veggieberger Embryo

Cool video but I wanted to see the baby come out....
    I can't wait to have leo eggs!!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. dna_splice

dna_splice Member