Yum yum, mouse tail cigar anyone? (feed pic)

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by downhillbikin, Apr 13, 2005.

1. downhillbikin

downhillbikin Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. outback_fire

outback_fire Member

lol, thats a very funny picture... It actually looks like one of those Mafia members sayin " well ya see, I couldn't let that happen, ya see? Very nice.... I love the look of that setup... Is that just the feeding box or what? could you tell me about it? everything... heating, lighting, what size the container is, is it a rubermaid.. and most importantly... how do you keep that snake from escaping? I really am looking at getting a bp and want to know what I could keep it in that doesn't cost a ton like glass enclosures... thanks

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. downhillbikin

downhillbikin Member

Ya, it's just his feed box. It's a 14gallon rubbermaid roughneck box. The lid snaps on good and tight to keep him from escaping. I cut a circular hole in the lid of it and stapled in screen from the underside and then just bent the staples over on the outside to hold it in. Then I set a heat lamp on the screen so it stays warm in there cuz my basement is only like 60 deg. I have a small opening cut in the lid also where I lower in the mice. I cut the cover for the hole out of the piece that was left from the larger circle hole and cut it about a half inch larger all the way around and just duct taped one edge as a hinge. Kinda crude, but it's cheap and it works. As far as heating and lighting in his enclosure, I have a 38gallon aquarium (though I wouldn't reccomend that size because it is too narrow, I just happend to have one) that I made a wood top for and for heat I use a 100 watt CHE 24 hrs a day along with an UTH 24 hrs a day, and then have a 75W day bulb on for 10 hours a day. I'll post a pic of the tank. The heat lamp setup looks kinda odd cuz I made it out of sheet metal and installed two light bulb recepticles in it. I have them too close together though, the heat from the CHE makes the day bulb burn out faster.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. downhillbikin

downhillbikin Member

here is the tank
    [​IMG]

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. outback_fire

outback_fire Member

Ya I see what you mean... It is pretty narrow, but you could keep a sub-adult amazon tree boa happy in there!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. downhillbikin

downhillbikin Member

True, it's got more height than floor space.

12. JoshMueller

JoshMueller New Member

downhillbikin, oh poopsie woopsie