zoo pictures

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by dogking, Mar 14, 2012.

1. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

I took some little kids from my church to the zoo today, and I got some cool pics. I am not sure how big the pictures on the site, but I figured that you guys would rather have large pictures than no pictures!

green mamba
    [​IMG]

gaboon viper
    [​IMG]

green bush viper
    [​IMG]

lizard...thing....maybe you guys know what this is!
    [​IMG]

some sort of tropical bird from Australia
    [​IMG]

another bird
    [​IMG]

AND you get a bonus pic of Rex!!
    [​IMG]

Badger711, Louie, Jayme and 6 others like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

That looks like some type of plated lizard, possibly a sudan plated lizard?

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing! The Green Mamba and Green Bush Viper are super cool looking snakes!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. electrofelt

electrofelt Member

I agree, the Green Mamba is an amazing looking snake. Lol, for a second, I honestly thought there was a bearded dragon at the zoo, until I read the text and realized it was Rex : )

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Lol I like how Rex is looking all swag in that photo. Awesome pics! Were they behind glass? You can't even tell in the photos!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. dogking

well, the lizard and venomous snakes(of course) were behind glass, but the birds weren't. One of them actually started climbing on me! I got some other awesome pics of them, but most have a couple of people in the background =(

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I'm not a photog buff or anything but what are you shooting with? I hate it when I go to zoos (usually aquariums actually...) and you can tell that everything is behind glass and whatnot... The pics look great!

12. dogking

Thanks guys! I was shooting with my BRAND NEW Canon EOS T3!

StikyPaws312 likes this.
  13. Cherin

Cherin New Member

I absolutely love the picture of rex!!!

14. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Epic! I wish the reptile section at my zoo had so many cool, exotic things! And the birds are pretty too! I always like the brightly colored ones! :p I believe the pic that says "another bird" above it is a lorakeet? Or something like that-last year at a australian safari kind of place, they had a whole big walk-in cage of those where you could bring in nectar to feed them :) They would land on you and stuff and at one point I had like 3 on me!

15. dogking

thats pretty much like what I did! we went into a giant cage thing with the nectar, and the birds just climbed around us!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  16. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Isn't it fun? :p there's also a butterfly house at my zoo that I haven't been to in a few years-sorta the same thing, but with them. I remember they also had another bird cage, but with parakeets and you fed them seeds, but they weren't as friendly lol